Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about V-Speeds?
Hi Guys,

you set up a performance Tool without V-speed's, but this are part of the performance table and mandatory for t/o performance. Any chance it will be included in the future [Image: huh.png]

Regards Axel
(2017-11-11, 07:40:53)mc-leod Wrote: Hi Guys,

you set up a performance Tool without V-speed's, but this are part of the performance table and mandatory for t/o performance. Any chance it will be included in the future [Image: huh.png]

Regards Axel

Hello,

Tops calculate an optimal power in function of weather / aircraft configuration / runway configuration. It's not A FMC.
Also FMC need this values to calculate V-speed.
Why you want two system calculate the same thing ?

Admin
(2017-11-13, 20:13:17)Admin Wrote:
(2017-11-11, 07:40:53)mc-leod Wrote: Hi Guys,

Regards Axel

Hello,

Tops calculate an optimal power in function of weather / aircraft configuration / runway configuration. It's not A FMC.
Also FMC need this values to calculate V-speed.
Why you want two system calculate the same thing ?

Admin

Hi Admin,

it is not korrect, FMC or MCDU would need Wind Data to generate the V_Speeds and in the FSLabs Airbus for exemple is no possebility to do they input, so the MCDU can't generate V_Speeds. In real the Pilots do have  a kind of EFB on a tablet where the V-Speeds becomes generate. We do have in the best way a Performance tool who do that. Topcat is one of it and my hope was ToPs will be onother one but so it isn't.

Axel
Hi,

Seen from this angle, they will be added..
ToPS Developments Admin
(2017-11-15, 17:56:36)Admin Wrote: Hi,

Seen from this angle, they will be added..

Hi,

This is really great news. I was wondering myself about the V-Speeds. Looking forward to it. Any idea in which release that would happen?

Thanks
Hello,
I come back on my previous answer : V1 is not a ground speed but an air speed and doesn't vary with the wind.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_speeds#V1_definitions
ToPS Developments Admin
Nevertheless it vary with the waight and without V-Speed the tool is not a performance tool atall, V1 is improtend for the point of no return, VR is importend if when is the possebility for rotation and V2 is importand for climb and all this is part of the Aircraft performance. So right now ToPs is only an Flaps and Flex Temp tool, nothing else and not real to use for serious flightsimulators.

Axel
(2017-11-25, 10:41:05)mc-leod Wrote: Nevertheless it vary with the waight and without V-Speed the tool is not a performance tool atall, V1 is improtend for the point of no return, VR is importend if when is the possebility for rotation and V2 is importand for climb and all this is part of the Aircraft performance. So right now ToPs is only an Flaps and Flex Temp tool, nothing else and not real to use for serious flightsimulators.

Axel

I did not say that I was not going to develop this feature but I still want to recall the description of tops present on the website :

ToPS will provide in fact, a calculation of Assumed/Flex Temperature Takeoff, depending of analysis of various data coming from the Simulator via Fsuipc, aircraft's FCOM/FPPM, and desired captain's configuration like flaps, de-rated thrust...
ToPS Developments Admin