Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constant snowy condition regardless of METAR
Why is ToPS constantly saying the condition is snowy regardless of what the actual weather is and what the METAR says?

This is an example where ToPS is reporting snow although there's no snow in sight. This also means a flex temp will not be calculated by ToPS.

EKCH 091550Z 11020KT CAVOK 05/M02 Q1020 NOSIG
Richard Åsberg
(2018-01-09, 16:35:53)WebMaximus Wrote: Why is ToPS constantly saying the condition is snowy regardless of what the actual weather is and what the METAR says?

This is an example where ToPS is reporting snow although there's no snow in sight. This also means a flex temp will not be calculated by ToPS.

Hello,

ToPS asks FSUIPC for the weather. If the result is different than the METAR, check the offset of condition in fsuipc logging option. 
See the manuel of fsuipc to find this offset and what the values means
ToPS Developments Admin
(2018-01-09, 17:49:23)Admin Wrote:
(2018-01-09, 16:35:53)WebMaximus Wrote: Why is ToPS constantly saying the condition is snowy regardless of what the actual weather is and what the METAR says?

Hello,

ToPS asks FSUIPC for the weather. If the result is different than the METAR, check the offset of condition in fsuipc logging option. 
See the manuel of fsuipc to find this offset and what the values means

Thanks, will check that.
Richard Åsberg
Did you get this resolved? I have the same issue and am not sure how to fix it.
(2018-01-12, 21:49:07)SteakFury Wrote: Did you get this resolved?  I have the same issue and am not sure how to fix it.

No, for now I went back using TOPCAT.

A bit too many small issues with ToPS since day 1 and I rather spend my time enjoying myself flying that fiddling with issues. 

The only thing I really miss with ToPS is how it will populate many of the boxes automatically such as your weights and so on but I can live with that.
Richard Åsberg
Is TOPS using the FSUIPC offset 0346?  It looks like the problem is it isn't reporting correctly in P3D V4.  I don't know if it's working or not in other sims.  

In addition to this variable being read from FSUIPC would it be possible to also make it a drop down selection?  It looks like I may have to go back to using TopCat until the seasons change.
(2018-01-16, 20:13:04)SteakFury Wrote: Is TOPS using the FSUIPC offset 0346?  It looks like the problem is it isn't reporting correctly in P3D V4.  I don't know if it's working or not in other sims.  

In addition to this variable being read from FSUIPC would it be possible to also make it a drop down selection?  It looks like I may have to go back to using TopCat until the seasons change.

Hello,

Of course there is an issue with no dry condition in tops.
Also your idea has been implemented in the next release...

For information, the next version will be out for tomorrow !

Have a good day
ToPS Developments Admin
Wow that's some excellent support! Many thanks.